How to make the more of your daily shower!
Showers are just a daily routine but here are just a few tips to get
the most out of your shower.
1. Face First - Steam from the shower can do wonders for the skin, so make sure the steam is working on clean skin to get the best results.
2. Shampoo - Work shampoo into the hair for a few minutes, think Herbal Essences ads - all that massaging actually does some good by boosting circulation.
3. Condition - Apply conditioner from the ear length down, this will prevent it from weighing down the hair and adding excess oils to the roots which can contribute to greasy hair. (Wash out the conditioner at the end of your shower)
4. Exfoliate - The steam from the shower has had time to soften the skin this is a great time to exfoliate and get the best results. Use exfoliating wash/gloves/loofah. (Click here to see what I love to use)
5. Shaving - The best time to shave is after exfoliating not the other way around as it can irritate the skin. Exfoliating the skin first can give a closer longer lasting shave.
6. Switch to Cold - Sounds crazy but switch to a cooler temperature to finish off the shower, this will boost circulation and tighten the skin but it also adds shine to the hair as it "closes" the hair follicle.
Spend more on the right shampoo as most conditioners are the same except treatments of course.
On average it takes 5 minutes for hair products to be washed fully out of the hair which is why it should be one of the first things you do.
Moisturise right after showering, locks in moisture and is very important after shaving.
Post a Comment