- Step 1 : Take a section of hair from the arch of each eyebrow, to the top of your crown.
- Step 2 : In 1/2-inch deep parts of that section, use an up-do comb and tease the hair, back-combing the hair half-way down its length to create a little pillow.
- Step 3 : After you have the perfect rat's nest, drop it into the rest of the hair, slightly brushing the top of the newly volumized area so it looks smooth.
- Step 4 : Starting an inch above each temple, pull back two 2-inch sections of hair for a half-up look.
- Step 5 : One option is to pull the two pieces back, then turn the pony in towards the head for an easy flip-over look.
- Step 6 : Another more advanced option is to pull the two pieces back and finish the look with a sweet fish-tail braid.
- Step 7 : For extra texture, pull the pieces of the braid apart to make it a bit fatter.
Tutorials You Should also see :