- Melville says to begin by creating a deep side-part on the left side of your head then pull all of your hair to the right. Leave the hair on the front right side of the part loose.
- Starting from the left side, begin braiding your hair, except for that loose front section, into a thick, tight braid. Pull hair from the right side in as you go, to overdirect the braid toward the right.
- Secure the braid with an elastic, then roll it under and tuck beneath the ear to hide it.
- Once the braid is tucked and rolled, use pins to hold it in place. If any strands comes loose from the braid, tuck them back in place with a bobby pin.
- If you've been flirting with the idea of going short, this can be a great, no-commitment way to test it out. It's also an innovative way to keep your hair off your neck and back, helping you stay cool in the sweltering heat.
- This style works best on girls with layered hair, but it can also be done with long hair to create a retro side sweep.
Tutorials You Should also see :